Friday, September 5, 2008

Tired Much? (An old journal entry I found...)

in all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people. collossians 3:23

people who work hard sleep well... ecclesiastes 5:12

there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. ecclesiastes 3:22

whatever you do, do well. ecclesiastes 3:22

pay close attention to what you hear. the closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given--the measure you give will be the measure you get back. mark 4:24

TIRED MUCH? Yes, I am. Weak. Inadequate. I do get discouraged...a lot. And so I return to the Word to find strength that i never knew i had. And this I do often because I have to.
So these are words that rejuvenate me when I lose sight of all my hard work, especially at school. I no longer work hard to please anyone (parents, teachers, managers). No. I work hard to please God. Because who are we to live and give life half of what we're capable of? Give your mind to everything you do-God instructs us, so that our 
rewards/blessings we receive from these work would be twice as deserving.
Even if it's as small as silly homework, this brings good practice t
o exercise our will-power and build our character. Perhaps if we take every small ta
sk to heart, the big ones will never be as overwhelming as we think they are. Knowing we can take on eensy ones can give us confidence to take on anything else. Nothing good or honorable comes without the price of hard work. 

Although I wrote this long ago, I decided to post it to keep me focus. It's only the second week of school and I'm not tired...YET. But I know this feeling will visit me again, Discouragement. But i take it as a season only so that encouragement and inspiration may reap in abundance in due time.

Forrest Gump is MY FAVORITE so I have a picture of it. 
"And that's all i have to say about that."

No comments: