Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Synonymous

Art to me is everything, and I do mean everything. Now I know we're all too familiar with the VISUAL arts: the drawing, painting, photography, graphic design and such; and the PERFORMING arts: the dancing, singing, composing and rapping much...but what about the LIVING, the BREATHING, the THINKING and the BELIEVING arts? 'Artistic' people are Passionate people, are they not? So what if we were passionate about...everything?
The world would be a different place my dear, but let us take up our own, innate medium and change the world and how we see it.

I'm starting this blog in hopes that my mind ceases the restlessness when I think about how great art is to me (seriously, i can't sleep at night from these crazy epiphanies!). In all honesty, the more I learn about art, the more I believe in a greater power. God is who I see when passion reigns from any kind of art. It is the heart and soul poured into life itself. Wasn't it called the 'Passion' of Christ when Jesus gave his everything on the cross so that one day we may be with God for eternity? If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23) My cross is Art. To deny myself, I must be selfless
This art is not my own. 
Therefore, Not Mee.

P.S. My apologies if the thinking is a little stretch, but on the for real, all this nonsense- is just MY common sense. And I'm not trying to go evangelical on anyone, this is just mee contemplating bout it.

No comments: